Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Blame it on the Grammy's

This year's Grammy Awards show was actually quite entertaining for me.  I can't actually recall how long it's been since I watched the entire show.  But this past Sunday night, that's exactly what we did (save for the commercials).  I thought the mix of performers was great.  The fact that I knew them all and are fans of many was a huge plus.  I also appreciate the Grammy's because it invigorates me and often inspires me to check out new music and artists [Hello - Esmeralda Spalding? Who saw that one coming?].

It's because of the Grammy's that I rekindled my May-December romance with Mumford & Sons and The Avett Brothers.  I downloaded a handful of songs from the former and just the song performed from the latter.  Mumford & Sons' performance was cool; maybe it was the banjo player, whom I swear was humping his banjo, that really caught my eye.  Whatever it was, I took a fancy to them again, beyond the Little Lion Man.  "The Cave" and "Awake My Soul" are great pieces.  But it's because of the Grammy's that, as I approached the incline on the San Mateo bridge this morning, I was belting out the following words:

But it was not your fault but mine
And it was your heart on the line
I really fucked it up this time
Didn't I, my dear? (x2)

No comments:

Post a Comment