Friday, September 23, 2011

Why I Walk

This year's Heart Walk in San Ramon was a blast.  There was a great turn out from the community and it was great to see everyone stepping out for a great cause.  Our team, The Pulsaders, did an awesome job this year, raising awareness and funds for the American Heart Association.



For many of the team members, we walked this year for our Tito Emy, who passed away this past June. We walked in his honor and in memory of his life.  His absence is the harshest reminder that we all need to take better care of ourselves and the people we love.  Another team member is a heart disease survivor, and inspires us to live healthy every day.



Another walk I participate in is AIDS Walk SF.  Recently, someone indirectly asked why I walk for AIDS Walk.  It's a fair question... that comes with a simple answer.  I walk because I can.  I walk for the millions of people who can't.  More so, I walk because it's one small way that I can give back.

No comments:

Post a Comment